Kindly sponsored by iovation, Emailage, CGI and Capita
Collaboration as both a defence and a weapon against fraud is a proven concept. But there’s talking about it – and then there’s doing it. The first is easy. The second is essential.
Cifas’ flagship industry event is the essential conference for professionals responsible for, devising or implementing fraud and financial crime strategies in their organisation. On 18 June 2019, Cifas’ Annual Conference brings together expert speakers who will share insight and intelligence to build and fortify the shared shield against fraud and financial crime.
Weaving a path through global strategies and national defences; clinical data insights and sector tactics, to the true-life experience of the individual - this is a fraud conference unlike any other.
Watch, hear, and participate in a day of active collaboration and sharing:
- Take a seat at the table of a Joint Fraud Taskforce meeting, spearheaded by the Commander Karen Baxter, National Co-ordinator of Economic Crime
- Delve into real-life case studies: from an organised crime attack on a household-name institution, to the conversation between a gambling addict turned internal fraudster and an investigative psychologist;
- Explore the latest data in the realm of first party fraud as we exclusively launch our joint research project with WPI Economics;
- Listen and contribute as sector leaders conduct an analysis of the criminal threats and find points of commonality in banking, telecoms, local government, retail and insurance;
- Understand how global fraud community networks operate and thrive, and where you fit in.
Hear from renowned industry leaders and expert speakers:
- KEYNOTE: Commander Karen Baxter, National Co-ordinator of Economic Crime, City of London Police;
- James Martin, Crime and Security Advisor, British Retail Consortium;
- Maria Vello, CEO, Cyber Defence Alliance;
- Una Dillon, CEO, Merchant Risk Council;
- Paul Buck, EPIC Risk Management and global expert in gambling related harm in the workplace;
- Jamie Thunder, Senior Consultant, WPI Economics;
- Katy Worobec, Managing Director, Economic Crime, UK Finance;
- Ronald Praetsch, Managing Director, About Fraud;
- Howard Rawstron, Head of Policy and Strategy, Lloyds Banking Group;
- Nikki Grieve-Top, investigative psychologist and Senior Financial Crime Manager, Tesco Bank;
- Sandra Peaston, fraud expert and Director of Research and Development, Cifas;
- And more to be confirmed.
As the driving force behind fraud prevention in the UK, our flagship event sold out in 2018. So secure your place today – and come prepared to collaborate with your fraud prevention community.
Join the conversation on Twitter and LinkedIn: #CifasAC
Book online now
£250 for one
£420 for two (just £210 person, saving £40 each)
£560 for three (just £186 per person, saving £64 each)
£295 for one
£550 for two (£275 per person, saving £20 each)
£770 for three (£256 per person, saving £39 each)
Voluntary, not-for-profit and public sector (non-members organisations only):
15% discount on the non-member prices (payment by invoice only)
Tuesday 18 June 2019
30 Euston Square in central London, home of the Royal College of General Practitioners.
Conference registration: From 9am
Conference opens: 9.30am
Conference: 9.30am – 3.45pm
Drinks reception: 3.45pm - 6pm
Please note that all timings are provisional and may be subject to minor adjustment.
Latest blog posts